Sunday, September 4, 2011

It takes a village | Sacramento Family Photographer

I'm sure most of you have heard the phrase, "It takes a village to raise a child". Well, my friend Susan booked a session just to celebrate the village that has been helping their family! She and her husband have the most adorable 2-year old twins, and they have been able to find an amazing balance between work and family life by relying on their own circle of support. Did I mention how adorable her twins are?


First there is their Grandma, who is also known as Lao Lao (Susan... please correct me if my Chinese is a disaster). This is one amazing woman, who moved in with their family for an entire year to help with the twins. What a huge sacrifice. And I must say, she also just happens to make some amazing deep-fried honey-glazed wontons. Yum yum yum...


Next of the list of amazing support, is Susan's sister. In the few times that I've spent time with her sister, it was obvious that she's a really cool person. But the thing that impressed me the most, was Susan's obvious appreciation for the love and emotional support she receives from her. How blessed to have a sister who is such a good friend!


And also in their "village" is their au pair was has been with them for an entire year and will be leaving in just over a month to go back home to Mexico. It is obvious that she has become a part of their family and that she sincerely loves these kiddos.


How lucky are these two sweet kiddos to have such an amazing circle of women to love them and care for them? And I'm sure this is just a fraction of the family and friends that have been supporting these guys over the last two years.

No comments: