Saturday, November 5, 2011

It's Raining, It's Pouring | Sacramento Family Photographer

What an adventure I had this evening. And thank God that I got to share it with a family as easy going as these folks. You see, Liz and I had a plan... we were going to do this awesome sunset shoot at the beach. Sounds fabulous... doesn't it? I was totally looking forward to it. But as the day went on it got cloudier and cloudier. But no rain yet... until I was literally half way to my session and the heavens opened up. And it wasn't just a drizzle. Also, the days are getting shorter and with the heavy cloud cover it was already getting quite dark out. Oh... did I happen to mention that my flash batteries were dead and I had forgotten to replace them? Thus begins my panic attack.

So thankfully, we had a Plan B, and Liz had some extra AA batteries I could borrow for my flash. We drove to the Capitol Building and looked for the closest overhang we could find. And when we got there... it just happened to have this awesome checkerboard tile flooring! Lucky us!


We shot fast and furious because we were losing light so quickly. And I must admit that I was pleasantly relieved to come home and to see that the photos had turned out! Phew! And check out these two adorable boys! The first time I shot Liz, she was pregnant with her youngest son. And NOW look at him!


Thanks so much Liz and family for rolling with the punches this evening and being able to keep your sense of humor during the craziness!

3 comments:

Lisa Smiley said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I love my little family and all my boys are pretty cute! -LIZ

Anonymous said...

What a miracle worker! I was convinced there could not even be one good shot with the kids. Great Job!