Monday, January 2, 2012

A brand new year | Sacramento Family Photographer

This blog has been a little quiet as I have been very purposeful about taking some time off of work over Christmas.  I was getting a little burned out by the end of the year.  The year 2011 was a tough one for our family personally.  But on New Year's Eve, my husband and I were able to reflect upon the year and see so many ways that God has used those trials to refine us, humble us, and encourage us to cling to our faith.  We are so thankful for that!  And now it's 2012 and a fresh start.

So what does this year have in store?  I don't have a clue quite frankly.  But I do know that we're going forward with a priority on our faith and family, and a commitment to a healthy lifestyle.  We're going to be doing some simplifying.  And we're trusting that there's exciting things on the horizon.  Business wise I want to track things better so I'm not digging through piles of paperwork come tax time.  I also want to jump back on working on my book that I started and didn't finish (on families with twins and triplets).  But it all comes down to balancing work and family... something I know so many people struggle with.

Okay... that's enough reflection.  Of course every good blog post deserves to have some photos!  Here's some pictures I took of a photographer's family... the same photographer who did MY family photos before Christmas.  The best part about shooting another photographer is that they come with their family dressed to kill!  And this was no exception!

No comments: