Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Gift of Surrogacy | Sacramento Baby Photographer

I know I've said it time and time again... but I love newborn sessions.  It is always such a fabulous time for me to get my newborn fix, without ever having another baby again.  Never ever again.  This session was particularly special because it was like the final chapter to a story I've been telling with photos.  This was a story of a very special family who were able to have another child through a surrogate family!  You can see their maternity session HERE and their birth session HERE!  And now their family is complete!


It was fairly obvious that this sweet little girl was happy to be home with her family.  She was constantly flashing me little sleepy smiles.  Obviously she's quite content to be in this world!


And I must say that her parents seem pretty thrilled she's here too!  I need to give this family some props... because it was amazing the amount of love and care they poured into their friend who acted as their gestational surrogate.  Not only did they take care of her physical needs, but they were (and continue to be) there for her emotionally too.  And the day their daughter came into the world, they gave their surrogate/friend a beautiful "Tiffany blue" box with a personal gift inside.  Now that's classy!  Their daughter is very blessed to have such loving, caring parents!


And lastly, I think this sweet baby girl is pretty lucky to have a big brother to teach her the ropes.  And although he tried to feign some disinterest in her while I was there, it was obvious that he was quite smitten.  She is very lucky to have him to watch out for her!  I am very, very happy to see this family together and complete and although the journey was long, it was obviously part of God's perfect plan!

No comments: